Purposes of the Grant:
- To enhance a club's ability to have successful programming.
- To encourage inter-club cooperation and camaraderie.
- To increase regional support of member clubs.
Criteria for Receiving Grant:
- The joint club program must be actively planned and executed by 2 or more clubs. Extending passive invitations to attend does NOT comply with this requirement.
- All clubs must be affiliated with the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs and be in good standing with respect to dues payments and the filing of an up to date membership list.
- The application should be submitted at least 3 weeks before the funds are desired.
- The program must be of Jewish content or of content relevant to the Jewish community, and approved by the Joint Meeting Program Regional Chairman.
- The program must not conflict with a regional event.
The grant will consist of funds up to $200 toward the cost of running a joint club program with each participating club receiving a subsidy in proportion to its contribution to the program expenses. The funds should be earmarked for the program, i.e. cost of a speaker, entertainer, etc., and should not go wholly for food, if possible. But, where the program is gratis - the speakers free - the grant can be provided for food.
- Itemized income and expenses with receipts must be submitted before reimbursement.
- Regional grants will be distributed in the order that applications are received and until budgeted funds are exhausted.
- If a grant is approved and the program canceled, no reimbursement will be made.
- A club may participate in only one grant per year (July 1 to June 30).
- New programs require new applications and new approvals.
Click here to download an application.