The Northern New Jersey Region is the link between more than 30 Men's Clubs from Conservative synagogues in New Jersey and Staten Island and the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs, which serves more than 200 affiliated Clubs in the United States, Canada, Israel and Germany and the Masorti communities of the United Kingdom and France. Together, we strive to increase the level of Jewish observance, participation in synagogue life, and brotherhood among our members. We do this by sharing ideas and pooling our talents and resources.
We strongly encourage our clubs to participate in our Region-wide "bookend" events: The Man Of The Year Dinner after Simchat Torah and The Presidents Dinner every spring.
- We subsidize joint meetings among Clubs to build a stronger sense of community in our Region and enhance successful programming.
- We offer member clubs a Speakers Bureau to enrich their programs and provide a subsidy to defray costs.
- We subsidize your attendance at the FJMC Biennial Convention because we believe so strongly in its power to build camaraderie and provide Club leaders with great ideas to make Clubs better.
- We promote participation in the Yom HaShoah Yellow Candle™ Program to help our community remember Jewish victims of the Holocaust and stand together against hatred and bigotry.
- We provide resources to help Clubs and their synagogues meet critical community issues such as the Hebrew Christian challenge and the role of men as fathers and members of Conservative synagogues.
...We Can Do More"
Men's Clubs play a key role in the quality of Jewish life in the synagogue. Our variety of activities – educational, service, social and athletic – are designed to draw men to synagogue and expand their horizons.